Search This Blog

Friday, December 3, 2010

The Glorious Cause

Last night, I took on a new mission.  This mission is a simple one.  Get my friend Dawn(@lastwordy) a follow on twitter from the one and only Josh Groban (@joshgroban).

It seems a simple task.  One that has its merits too.  You see, Dawn has promised me a pair of Sparkly (and by sparkly we mean sequined or jeweled) Christian Louboutin shoes in my size.

  I have spoken to you of my love of Louboutins before.  You may also be familiar with my obsession of all things sparkly.  Well, then you know that these shoes are the answer to everything in life EVAR!  I have given my quest, my journey, my saga a hashtag on twitter #JoshGetMeShoes. I reserve the right to abbreviate it at some points to #JGMS as it is hard enough to be pithy and get my point across in 140, let alone 125 characters.





So, if you are reading this, you might be wondering, "What can I, a lone reader, do to help support this cause?"  EXCELLENT question!  There is MUCH you can do.  The most important thing is that this  glorious cause gets a ground swell of support.  This can be established by word of mouth.  See a #JGMS post, retweet it.  Start using it yourself.  Let's make this a well known hashtag.  Eventually the songster is bound to see one of the postings.  Mr. Groban will sit, and wonder to himself, "What on earth could this mean"  He will find out, he will follow @lastwordy, I will get my shoes.



Now, you must be asking yourself, is @lastwordy worthy of a follow?  I promise you, she is.  Let's look at her avatar, that's no bot.  She is full on hotness.
She is a smarty pants too and funnier than probably anyone you know.  She also is a great friend. She has been an ear for me at some really tough times.  Dawn can make me laugh when I thought it impossible. The girl has more best friends than anyone I have ever met.  Dawn is currently working on a one woman show, and as someone who has sat and been the audience for some of her stories, this shit is gonna be big one day.  If you STILL aren't sold, she has great tits.



Okay, so you have decided she IS worthy, but @naneenoo why should I help YOU??? I suppose you don't have to.  Sure, in times like this, helping someone score a pair of very expensive designer shoes seems frivolous at best.  Well, I suppose it is.  I am not going to mire you down with a sob story but, let's just say times are very tough for me right now.  Really expensive designer shoes probably wouldn't be the most practical gift for me, sure.  I don't care!  I stick my tongue out at the thought.  It is more than that.  I am of the mind that there is NOTHING that a great pair of shoes can't fix.  Prove me wrong, people.



So, there you have it.  My quest.  A little Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, a little Don Quixote, a little Sex in the City, a little Wizard of Oz all rolled into one.  Be a part of history.

 Photos:
*Josh Groban - or as I like to call him, The Grobie

**Louboutins-The shoes featured are just one option and not the actual shoes

*** Dawn or @lastwordy The Photo featured IS in fact my friend Dawn... told you she was HOT!

1 comment:

  1. This is outrageous in the best possible way. Many, many shades of awesome. I can think of no better way to score a free pair of shoes like this, short of stealing them off the feet of a "house-broken" bitch with a capital W.

    ReplyDelete